Simon manufacture & distribute a variety of Gas-Diesel and Electric steam boilers for commercial use.
Browse our range of fully automatic electric steam boilers and highly reliable Gas-Diesel steam boilers.
A steam boiler is a pressure vessel which converts water into steam, which is then piped off for use. The heat source for modern steam boilers is usually either electricity or gas. The boiler might be a ‘closed’ system, in which 100% of the steam is recaptured in the form of water, to be reconverted back into steam and reused, or it might be an ‘open’ system, in which the steam is allowed to escape, requiring the boiler to be continually fed with water.
When you’re investing in steam boiler technology, it’s important to choose the right boiler for your needs. You’ll need to consider what fuel you will be using, what pressure you need from your boiler and what the operational loads will be – not just your current peak loads but what your likely future requirements might be, so as to minimise future.
Our gas-diesel steam boiler range includes the Simons vertical watertube boiler – VWT Series- and the WT Series for industrial applications. The vertical steam boilers are ideal for rapid steam generation in bakeries, dry cleaning, food processing, hospitals, pharmaceutical and rubber processing industries.
Our gas-diesel steam boiler range from 60kW to 500kW are ideal for rapid steam generation in bakeries, dry cleaning, food processing, hospitals, pharmaceutical and processing industries.
A boiler is just one part of a well designed steam system. Simons Boilers supply a range of boiler accessories.
…Water Tube – vertical / horizontal or Fire Tube
…Electricity, Gas, LPG, Diesel or Biogas
…kg/hr – calculate the Steam Load – consider instantaneous peak loads
…Australian Standards AS1228 (AS 1228:2016 – Pressure equipment – Boilers)
Try to upsize the boiler to allow for peak loads, deviations and losses
- Cheapest fuel – electricity, Natural Gas/ LPG/ Diesel
- Maintenance requirement to AS2593 for various types of boilers (AS 2593-2004 (R2016) Boilers – Safety management and supervision systems)
- Inspection requirement
- Natural Gas, Diesel and LPG boilers require exhaust fluing – complex and costly exercises, especially when a boiler plantroom is located in a basement or mid building location
- Electric Boilers are 99% efficient compared to the 82-84% of Gas, Diesel and LPG boilers
- Considering all of the above, Electric boilers may provide lower life cycle costs
To Help Design Your Steam System
- POWER – Is there power adequate onsite power?
- FUEL – Is there Gas, Diesel or LPG facilities in sufficient volume & pressure for the load?
- WATER SUPPLY – Is there suitable water quality. RO & Acidity Issues to be addressed
- DRAINAGE – Adequate and suitable for hot water discharge?
- PLANTROOM DESIGN:
- Adequate space to house/service the system and ancillary items?
- Adequate dissipation of latent heat – 6% of boiler output, AS3892
(AS 3892-2001 (R2016) Pressure equipment – Installation)
- Ventilation for combustion air requirements
- BOILER LOCATION:
- Weatherproofing – no steam boilers are built for outdoors
- Ability to install flue e.g impossible in shopping centre, Hospital CSD mid-building
- STEAM PIPING – Pipe size is adequate for required flow, slope towards trap, offtakes only off top of pipes, design in adequate steam traps, separators, insulation, gauges to ensure good steam quality
- ANCILLARIES – Feed water tank, blow down tank, steam accumulator, steam control systems