ARE SIMONS NOW MANUFACTURING SUBMARINES?
It could be confused by a space ship or a submarine? But no – Simons Boilers are manufacturing steam accumulators…
ARE SIMONS NOW MANUFACTURING SUBMARINES? is an insulted steel pressure tank that will contain hot water and steam under pressure. It is a type of energy storage. It can be used to smooth out peaks and troughs in demand for steam.
This product is ideal for industries that involve batch processes, short-duration, high-flow rate steam is required, often at a rate that is much higher than the boiler’s maximum output.
Simons Boilers have now added a Steam Accumulator to their product range and have just delivered one to Macadamia Processing Plant in Lismore, NSW.
With the appropriate controls, using a steam accumulator can also reduce the size of the boiler(s) required, thus reducing capital expenses. Other benefits include:
- Immediate response to sudden load changes
- Elimination of water carry-over and equipment malfunctions
- Both steam and product quality are maintained
- The need for additional peak load boiler capacity is eliminated or minimized
Macadamia Processing Plant | Lismore, NSW
Simons supplied an unattended water tube gas steam boiler fitted with quality valves, fittings and mounts and factory tested to full MCR prior to despatch from factory. We also provided a 3000L steam accumulator that will deal with their sudden peak demand of steam required.
- Steam Boilers
- Standard Hot Water Boilers
- High Efficiency Condensing Hot Water Boilers
- Ancillary Products
- Cogeneration – CHP
- Absorption Chillers – Trigeneration
- Hot Water Storage Tanks
- Steam Humidifiers
- Expansion Tanks
- Pressing Machinery
- Gas & Electric steam boilers Hire
- Product Enquiry