From the desk of Neil Anderson, Service Manager
Steam & Hot water boilers operate under severe conditions over long hours, are pivotal pieces of plant equipment and key to the operation of a business, or the comfort of a building’s occupants. It is important that you keep them serviced regularly and in good condition to make sure your boiler is working at its highest efficiency.
If preventative maintenance is overlooked to save money, this may well be a false economy, a failed steam boiler or hot water heater can be inconvenient, costly to repair and worst of all result in loss of production for your business.
Properly maintained, these assets can serve you relatively trouble free for decades and at Simons, we have the service and expertise to ensure exactly that!
- MAKE SURE IT GETS REGULAR SERVICE!Regular preventative maintenance will ensure your boiler is not only reliable but efficient too, saving you money on running costs in the longer term.
- KEEP A LOG BOOK!Just like a car, keep on top of all repairs, parts used and recommendations from our experienced technicians.
- CHECK FOR LEAKS EVERY NOW AND THEN!Leaking pipes will only get worse over time and can cause severe damage to the boiler and its surroundings.
- KEEP YOUR EYE ON VEGETATION GROWTH!Keep an eye on vegetation growth around gas flue outlets or ventilation points. A blocked flue or lack of air flow can cause your boiler to burn badly and give off dangerous fumes.
- KEEP AN EYE ON SAFETY VALVES!Safety valves are there for a reason. If you notice one which is weeping it may be in need of replacement or your boiler may be operating overpressure.
- DO YOUR BIT FOR THE ENVIRONMENT!Properly set up, your gas boiler will omit less pollutants than one which is burning badly.
- BE AWARE OF YOUR WHS RESPONSIBILITIES!Steam boilers should be maintained as per the manufacturer’s specifications and internally inspected annually. Gas Steam Boilers need to be checked by an WHS inspector every year and Electric Steam Boilers to be checked every 4 years.
- NEVER ATTEMPT TO MAINTAIN A BOILER YOURSELF!It’s great to have an understanding of your boiler but it’s best to leave its maintenance in the hands of our fully trained, experienced technicians.
- PUT A SERVICING SCHEDULE IN PLACE!Negotiate a service contract to allow experienced technicians to service your boilers on a regular basis. Let them worry about the boiler for you.
For repairs, breakdowns and preventative maintenance to hot water heaters and steam boilers please call our experienced team 02 8338 8660. Our service department will contact you whenever your boiler is due for maintenance and arrange a convenient time that suits you.
We can also assist you with quotes, servicing schedules, assistance with operation and other boiler related enquiries you may have.
Sign-up to our Newsletter
- Unit 1, 33 Maddox Street,
Alexandria NSW 2015
- +61 2 8338 8660
- +61 2 8338 8661
- 34 Strong Avenue,
Thomastown VIC 3074
- +61 3 9462 6700
- +61 3 9462-6711