With a substantial number of successful installations across Australia, Simon Green Energy are looking to employ a Senior Service and Maintenance Technician. This is a great opportunity to further your career in a growing industry.
The role will be a blend of management and planning, hands-on maintenance and working with reliable sub-contractors. You will be representing the Simons brand to our customers and hence your demeanour and professionalism will be constantly on show. Your engineering and maintenance skills must be broad enough to deal with the range of scheduled and emergency maintenance issues connected with complex electrical and thermal energy systems based on reciprocating gas-fired prime movers and absorption chillers. In addition, you will be charged with pro-actively monitoring system performance across the fleet as well as managing availability of critical parts inventory and procurement.
You will need to be conversant with electronic engine and systems monitoring and diagnostic systems, and both the electrical and mechanical aspects of generation and HVAC equipment, typically between 100kW and 2 MW in size.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the fleet of systems is receiving appropriate and timely scheduled maintenance services as well as diagnosing and either repairing, where possible, or referring for repair, components and systems subject to breakdown or faults.
You will have:
- At least 5 years’ experience in similar maintenance or technical service roles
- A strong understanding of either (or both, preferably) engine mechanical maintenance and repair or power system electrical maintenance and repair
- A working knowledge of cogeneration and tri-generation or a related industry (such as power generation or diesel mechanical maintenance)
- A relevant trade qualification (Electrical Contractor, Mechanical Technician)
- An ability to read, review and interpret maintenance and repair manuals, engineering design drawings and wiring diagrams
- A willingness to lead the development of the firm’s maintenance and support team, including developing and implementing appropriate safe work procedures
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- A willingness to travel domestically on a regular basis for site work and internationally as required for training
Sign-up to our Newsletter
- Unit 1, 33 Maddox Street,
Alexandria NSW 2015
- +61 2 8338 8660
- +61 2 8338 8661
- 34 Strong Avenue,
Thomastown VIC 3074
- +61 3 9462 6700
- +61 3 9462-6711