Cogeneration – Combined Heat & Power
Cogeneration, also known as Combined Heat and Power (CHP), is the simultaneous production of two forms of energy – electricity and heat – from a single fuel source. Cogeneration uses a natural gas-powered engine to generate electricity on site and converts the waste heat from the engine into usable heat for space heating, process heat for manufacturing, domestic hot water, heating for swimming pools and similar applications.
On site Cogeneration Systems have a total efficiency of up to 85%, as compared to the 30% efficiency of coal-fired grid-supplied electricity.
Simons Green Energy, as part of the Simons Engineering Group, provides gas or biogas fired Cogeneration systems for a wide range of industries and applications .
- 35 kW – 2,680 kW ENER-G Cogeneration systems
- Improves energy efficiency
- Produces sustainable energy
- Reduces electricity costs
- Cuts carbon emissions
- Provides “free” heating
- Delivers energy savings for over 20 years
Simons Green Energy, as part of the Simons group of companies, is a leading provider of sustainable energy, heating and cooling solutions in Australia.
Cogeneration systems use natural gas or biogas powered engines to produe electricity on site. Ideally for high energy users with constant demands for electricity and heat, Cogeneration can reduce energy costs and carbon emissions by up to 50%.
Biogas is derived from the natural breakdown of organic matter and utilising it as a fuel has a double environmental benefit – it is a carbon neutral fuel providing the same advantages as mains gas fired CHP, and it saves the release of the methane gas to the atmosphere where it is potentially more harmful to the environment.
- Clubs, aquatic and leisure centres
- Food and beverage manufacturers
- Commercial and residential buildings
- Abattoirs and rendering plants
- Industrial facilities
- Government buildings
- Landfill sites
- Chemical and pharmaceutical manufactures
- Steam Boilers
- Standard Hot Water Boilers
- High Efficiency Condensing Hot Water Boilers
- Ancillary Products
- Cogeneration – CHP
- Absorption Chillers – Trigeneration
- Hot Water Storage Tanks
- Steam Humidifiers
- Expansion Tanks
- Pressing Machinery
- Gas & Electric steam boilers Hire
- Product Enquiry